Spring is a season full of celebrations. Whether it’s Easter, Mother’s Day, Cinco de Mayo, or plenty of other occasions, brunch can be enjoyed either indoors or outdoors. It’s also a great time to try out some new healthy brunch recipes like strawberry-ricotta waffle sandwiches and purple fruit salad.
Strawberry-Ricotta Waffle Sandwiches
This sweet treat is great for a spring brunch. If you’d prefer to substitute other fruit, you can go with blueberries or sliced peaches instead of strawberries.
- 2 toasted frozen whole-grain waffles
- ½ cup fresh sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or mint
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine ricotta, mint/basil, and vanilla in small bowl. Drizzle waffles with 1 teaspoon of syrup each. Top one of the waffles with ricotta mixture and strawberries. Cover with the other waffle.
Purple Fruit Salad
This healthy dish consists purely of fruit so it’s certainly healthy and also very delicious.
- 2 cups seedless black grapes, halved
- 2 cups diced plums (about 2 plums)
- 2 cups blueberries (or halved blackberries
- 1 cup lime yogurt fruit salad dressing
Combine grapes, berries, and plums in a large bowl. Serve with yogurt dressing. This recipe can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated for up to four hours.
These two healthy spring brunch recipes are delicious and easy to make. You can make both recipes in less than 10 minutes and they will be sure to be the hit of your springtime get together. They are also great to bring to a spring brunch that you are not hosting.
Eating healthy is only one way to stay in shape. To learn more about Push Pedal Pull’s new and pre-owned exercise equipment, contact us today.